When Jeannette Parker, a wildlife biologist, spotted a sick kitten just outside Florida’s Everglades National Park, she stopped and offered the cat some tuna. Unfortunately, the cat bit her finger.

Worried about rabies, Jeannette went to the hospital and got an injection and a shot of antibiotics. Then she got the bill for $48,512. The majority of the cost was for the rabies immune globulin.

So the lesson is to avoid getting bit by a stray animal. Failing that, the next lesson is to turn a cat into a YouTube celebrity so the cat can pay your hospital bills the next time it bites you and threatens to give you a disease.

To read more about the woman who got billed an enormous amount after getting bit by a cat, click here.