Paul and Leona Jones own a pet cat named Bella. Yet without Bella, the couple may not have survived a mistake that occurred when they came home one night during a heavy rainstorm and parked the car in the garage.

That’s when forgot to turn their car off when they pulled into the garage. The car ran for eight hours, sending poisonous carbon monoxide fumes into the house. Only when Bella alerted the couple did they discover what happened and called for help.

Fortunately firefighters quickly arrived and administered oxygen to the couple and their cat so everyone was safe.

To read more about the cat that saved a couple from carbon monoxide poisoning, click here.