Lantern flies are a unique insect that has been labeled an invasive species. Because so many of them can swarm around an area, there’s a good chance your dog or cat might try to eat one.

Fortunately veterinarians assure people that lantern flies do not contain any toxic chemicals that could make your pet sick. Still if your pet ingests enough of anything, it could make it sick but don’t worry fi your cat eats a lantern fly or two. Be more concerned that your cat is busy bossing you around and you don’t even realize it.

To learn more about lantern flies, click here.