When owner Marianne Wood went on holiday in December, she had arranged for neighbours to feed her cat Chloe and had even built a hut outside for her to sleepĀ in. Unfortunately, Chloe fell down the chimney and got trapped behind the fireplace in her Dorset home with no food and water. Amazingly, Chloe survived for six weeks before being rescued.

Chloe seems to have survived her ordeal, but this highlights the dangers of letting cats wander around outside where they could be hurt or trapped, especially if the owner isn’t around to care for the cat.

To read more about Chloe the cat’s ordeal in the chimney, click here.

[xyz-ihs snippet=”AmazonBook”]