At night, most people are asleep while their cats may be roaming around. Unfortunately for a cat owner in South Yorkshire, their cat, named Smog, walked across the top of the halogen cooker, accidentally switching it on and setting fire to a plastic toolbox on top of the hob.

Smog and the rest of the family managed to escape safely, but you can be sure the next time the family goes to sleep, they’ll make sure anything flammable is far away from anything the cat might turn on by mistake.

To read more about the cat that lit a house on fire, click here.

[xyz-ihs snippet=”Amazon-Pet-Supplies”]