Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas in the world, crowded with apartments. In one Hong Kong apartment, a man discarded a cigarette and lit his sofa on fire. Firefighters raced to the scene and rescued several residents including a cat.
The firefighters gave the cat oxygen and even mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, which revived the cat. The cat was taken to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for further evaluation.
The next time you see firefighters from whatever nation, thank them for their training and motivation to save all forms of life from fire.