Many cats like playing with string and that’s usually a harmless activity. Unfortunately for Spud the cat, he got a hold of a long piece of thread and swallowed it. One end wrapped around his tongue while the other end passed through his entire body and came out his behind.
Spud needed an operation and had to stay at the veterinarian to insure he was well. So if your cat likes playing with string, make sure it’s a short piece of string and make sure your cat doesn’t try swallowing it. The last thing you want is a piece of string sticking out of both ends of your cat.