When a 53-year-old Greek man was rushed to the hospital struggling to speak and confused, doctors thought he had signs of brain injury and had a stroke. But it was only after tests that they discovered that the reason for his neurological complications was being bitten by his cat.

Apparently the Greek man was infected by a cat scratch disease caused by the bartonella hensalae bacteria, which is found in a cat’s mouth and claws. So be careful about getting bit or scratched by a cat. You may get infected and not be able to function normally again.

To read more about cat scratch disease, click here.

[xyz-ihs snippet=”Amazon-Pet-Supplies”]